Sunday, July 28, 2013

Blog for semester 2, digital vis and comms

Here I will try to show some of my favorite artists and some of my own work for the digi. vis. com paper, I have been collecting images and renders I really like on my Pinterest (see here) Lukes Pinterest.

Other than that I'm very heavily influenced by concept artists like Christian Pearce,who lives in wellington and is currently working at Weta digital, he has worked on films like Avatar and District 9 as one of the lead concept designers, along side him is one of my other really influential designers and artists, Greg Broadmore who also works at Weta in wellington and is the lead concept designer on movies like District 9, Avatar, King Kong, and the Lord of the Rings to name but a few, he also has a collection called Dr. Grordborts which is a series of concept art pieces sculpts, and scale models from a alternate history rife with ray guns, damsels in distress and rogue mutant aliens.





On the side of industrial design my first encounter with ID sketching was from this man, Spencer Nugent and his amazing website Sketch-a-day, his was of explaining sketching fasinated me and drove me to draw more myself.


One of the first sketching book I brought wasn't a how to in the traditional sense, It was this amazing book, I Draw Cars Sketchbook , which was a book I backed on Kickstarter by amazing car designer and industrial designer Matt Marrocco, who through his book showed all the little secrets from his time at GM.

Other Artists I really like.

Stefan Morrell



Feng Zhu





Changhwa Choi





Dan Lu Visi



Companys that Inspire me and drive me to work hard so as to one day design gear for them

OPS CORE  


Crye Precision 






No comments:

Post a Comment